Amazon Ads for Books: How You’re Wasting Money Right Now
Watched this video about Amazon ads from Self-Publishing with Dale over on YouTube.
He brings up 5 reasons why you might be losing money on Amazon ads.
- Going all in – Spending too much
- Start low, grow slow
- Low 10 cents per click, $1.00 day and add up 1000 keywords
- Using minimum suggested bid
- Never use it!
- Go LOW!
- Fully automatic targeting
- It’s okay, but only if trying to research keywords
- Take snapshot of keywords that are converting
- May not be relevant to the genre
- Get rid of keywords that have impressions but not sales
- Dynamic up/down bids
- Work okay if you have money and high converting keywords
- Stick to fixed or dynamic down
- Not monitoring Daily
- Monitoring it daily (or at least, very regularly)
- Every 60 days, download all of the keywords
- Note keywords that convert
These are good tips. I will be putting them into practice when Veil Online Book 1 goes on sale on September 3rd! One month away!